The Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND) at UCSF, Mission Bay Campus is seeking a Specialist for full-time work to perform research activities in medicinal chemistry to help drive the IND’s drug discovery programs in Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal dementia, Parkinson’s disease, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and others. The position is in the laboratory of Dr. Stanley Prusiner, and the successful candidates for this specialist position will contribute to drug discovery efforts from validation of high-throughput screening results to selection of candidates for clinical study. Highly motivated candidates capable of independent problem solving and teamwork are encouraged to apply. This position will be part of a collaborative environment with access to state-of-the-art facilities in the Sandler Neurosciences Building on the UCSF Mission Bay campus. A successful candidate will be hired as a Specialist with rank commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• Synthesis of novel drug targets through multi-step organic reaction sequences
• Analysis of SAR and the design of new targets
• Presentation of work at group and departmental meetings
• For Associate Specialist: M.A. in chemistry or related field or five to ten years of experience in medicinal chemistry
• For Full Specialist: A terminal degree in chemistry or related field or 10 or more years of experience in medicinal chemistry
• Experience in discovery programs for neurological targets
• Experience working with contract research organizations
• Experience mentoring less experienced chemists in synthetic and medicinal chemistry
Applicants must have the qualifications by time of hire. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03798, with a CV, cover letter, statement of contributions to diversity, and 3 letters of reference.
- Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 letters of reference required