The new Neuroscience Conference Center (NSCC), located on the first floor of the Sandler Neurosciences Center (SNC) building at Mission Bay, is now open and approved for use. The NSCC has a 19-foot-wide by 11-foot-high curved LED screen and a capacity of 153 people. In addition, there are state-of-the-art assisted listening devices for audience members who are hard of hearing, as well as wheelchair accessibility to the elevated stage for presenters and premier viewing locations around the tiered seating arena for audience members with wheelchairs or other mobility devices. Scheduling and usage of the Conference Center is managed by the Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND).
General scheduling priority is as follows:
- Department of Neurology and Weill Institute for Neurosciences
- Other neuroscience groups
- Non-neuroscience groups
- All meetings are subject to be rescheduled by the IND.
- No recurring meetings (daily, weekly, or monthly) will be scheduled on Mondays or Tuesdays. Mondays and Tuesdays are reserved for occasional meetings and symposia.
- To request a reservation, please e-mail the IND NSCC Scheduling Team at IND-NSCC-Scheduling@ucsf.edu.
- Reservations for the Atrium of the SNC will continue to be managed by the Department of Neurology (Carey Herman, email@example.com). The NSCC will NOT be available during Atrium events due to noise and traffic considerations, except when reserved in conjunction with the Atrium space.
- Absolutely no food or drinks other than water are allowed in the NSCC at any time.
- Seating capacity: 153
- For safety reasons, no additional chairs are to be brought into the seating area.
- Prior to any group's first meeting in the NSCC they should schedule an orientation with the IND NSCC Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org), due to the unique and sophisticated audiovisual and IT components in the room. Depending on the nature of the meeting and equipment used, a member of the IND NSCC Support Team may also need to be present during the meeting(s).
- The equipment in the rack room cannot be modified or augmented. Only the currently connected equipment may be used.
- Additional amplified sound is not permitted.
CURRENTLY SCHEDULED MEETINGS: