At the University of California San Francisco, Institute of Neurogenerative Disease (IND), we are investigating and creating therapies for prion-based neurodegenerative disease, including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple system atrophy, and chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
IND Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics team (DMPK) is searching for a Staff Research Associate (SRA) to:
- Measure drug concentration in tissue samples using LC-MS
- Prepare drug mixtures in liquid and solid formats
- Measure drug concentration in prepared drug mixtures
- Analyze and audit drug concentration data obtained using LC-MS
- Prepare reports based on analyzed and audited drug concentration data
To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up): TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu)
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% - 120% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
The Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND) at UCSF is pursuing a cutting-edge blend of basic science and clinical medicine to provide outstanding care to those suffering from neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1999, the IND is committed to creating therapeutics that will halt diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and dementia resulting from traumatic brain injuries. The IND is poised to make serious contributions to this struggle at the frontier of neuroscience and medicine. The mission of the Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases is to discover causes and develop cures for these illnesses with an innovative program of basic research and clinical medicine.
- BA/BS in a related science and knowledge of and experience with the basic techniques or methods required by the position.
- BA/BS in a related science and one or more years of recent, directly related work experience, utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position; and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Experience using liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) to measure drug concentrations in tissue samples, as may have been gained in school or similar training
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Sharepoint, Onedrive, Teams, Zoom
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to work as an effective and efficient team member, and to participate in team meetings and planning
- Enthusiasm, positive outlook, collegiality and scientific curiosity
- 1+ years industry or independent research experience, especially within the field of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Proficiency with pharmacokinetics / pharmacodynamics theory and practice
- Proficiency in designing and executing pharmacokinetic experiments and drug formulations
- Proficiency in preparing liquid and solid drug formulations
- Proficiency with Sciex LC-MS instruments and Sciex LC-MS software e.g. Analyst, DiscoveryQuant, as obtained in school or work experience
- Proficiency with BSL-2 sterile technique
- Proficiency with Smartsheet, GraphPad Prism, Labguru, Climb, Phoenix WinNonlin
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
009617 SRA 2 NEX
Research and Scientific
University Professional Technical Employees – Research Support Professionals Unit (UPTE-RX)
Mission Bay (SF)
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm