Under direct supervision, the Research Data Analyst acquires skills and knowledge of professional concepts in research data analysis, with a focus on machine and deep learning. Works with biomedical research data such as pathology whole slide images, simulated molecular data, phenotypic drug screening data from model systems, and/or transcriptomic data. Works on small projects or segments of projects with limited scope and complexity.
Please Note: This is a full-time contract position, estimated ending - one year from date of hire.
INSTITUTE FOR NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASES
The Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND) at UCSF is pursuing a cutting-edge blend of basic science and clinical medicine to provide outstanding care to those suffering from neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1999, the IND is committed to creating therapeutics that will halt diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and dementia resulting from traumatic brain injuries. The IND is poised to make serious contributions to this struggle at the frontier of neuroscience and medicine. The mission of the Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases is to discover causes and develop cures for these illnesses with an innovative program of basic research and clinical medicine.Just north of Silicon Valley, the lab’s location at UCSF Mission Bay directly adjoins SoMa district and the heart of SF’s tech and artificial intelligence startup scene.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Programming experience
- Deep learning experience
- Machine learning experience
- Acquiring knowledge of research function. Acquiring ability to perform research analysis duties
- Acquiring statistical analysis, systems programming, and database design skills to perform research analysis duties
- Basic consultation and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and see assigned parts of projects through to completion on deadline
- Computer Science -or- Systems Biology -or- Computational Biology -or- Bioinformatics -or- Biophysics -or- equivalent degree with a computational component, at Bachelor’s or Master’s level
- Python programming experience
- Python data science experience
- Pytorch framework programming experience
- Convolutional neural networks experience
- Recurrent neural networks experience (e.g., LSTM, GRU, etc)
- Computational chemistry experience (e.g., molecular dynamics, docking, virtual screening)
- Biomedical image analysis experience (e.g., pathology images)